Quotable Quotes ...
Whenever someone answers a question into a microphone, he /she runs the risk of fumbling the response. We all know what each of these people was trying to say except, well, it just came out a little wrong...
Thanks to Barbara in Houston who sent me these quotations
- "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life," --Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for federal anti-smoking campaign.
- "I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body," -–Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.
- "That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked by a jackass, and I'm just the one to do it," --A congressional candidate in Texas.
- "Half this game is ninety percent mental." --Philadelphia Phillies Manager, Danny Ozark
- "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." --Al Gore, Vice President
- "I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix." --Dan Quayle
- " It's no exaggeration to say that the undecideds could go one way or another" --George Bush
- "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein," --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.
- "We don't necessarily discriminate. We simply exclude certain types of people." --Colonel Gerald Wellman, ROTC Instructor.
- "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." --Bill Clinton
- "We are ready for an unforeseen event that may or may not occur." --Al Gore
- "Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas." --Keppel Enderbery
- Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer:"I would not live forever, because we should not live forever,because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever,but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever," --Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest.